LEJOG Day 1: It begins

Next day

The group assembled today, 13 in all plus our two guides, Peter and Les. We are staying in the Cape Cornwall golf resort, plus a few of us including me detached to Boswedden House a few yards up the road. I drove down from my overnight with friends at Seaton, and dropped my bike and gear at the Boswedden, before driving back to drop the hire car at the Europcar office at Penzance Station, from where I was collected by the Skedaddle minibus. It turned out a beautiful day, and once I had settled in, I  got the bike out for a short spin down the steep hill to Cape Cornwall, crowned by an old tin mine chimney. 

In the evening, Peter and Les gave a briefing on the modus operandi for the tour, so we're all well prepared for the off at 9am sharp tomorrow.

Collection at Penzance Station
Boswedden House B&B
Descent to Cape Cornwall
Trusty steed at Cape Cornwall




Comments